Friday, August 28, 2009

Aminal Rights (Even Those That are Extinct)

The 4 year old instigated a very serious conversation the other day which went like this:
4 Year Old: “Did you know your Dad shoots aminals?”
I: “Who told you that?”
4 Year Old: “Gammee”
I: “Why did Gammee tell you that?”
4 Year Old: “Because he has guns”
I: “What animals has he been shooting?”
4 Year Old: “Oh, I don’t know…tigers, deers, giraffes and dinosaurs.”
After our little talk, I called my mother to see if she would convince Dad to get me a giraffe for my living room. I may have to cut a hole in the ceiling to fit it in there, but I think it would make an awesome conversation piece.

2 comments:

  1. If he kills a baby giraffe you wouldn't have to tear up the ceiling.

    Problem solved.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Point taken. We might even be able to move a chair out of the living room and use the giraffe as a sofa. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete